Monday, October 8, 2012

Darren & Me

I have taken the time to photograph the world around me and to photograph other people that I know, but I seldom take the time to photograph my husband, DJ, and me. We have been married to one another for 17 years on September 25, 2012. We have been together for 18 years August 2012. During this time, we have learned almost every single thing there is to know about one another. But, that does not mean that we have stopped learning. DJ and I, as every other person on this planet, are continuously changing, leaving more to learn. Darren (DJ) is my best friend and confidant. Every day that passes is just as precious as the day before, and each day brings us closer to one another. We really have had few photographs to show how dedicated we are to one another, so we took the opportunity to take advantage of the cooler weather by me photographing us as a couple.


I chose the Burlington station as the first place for me to take a few shots. With my Canon Rebel EOS resting on the tripod, I began to fire away. I am fortunate to have a husband who is very photogenic. DJ, who does not like to ever have his photo taken, was a wonderful sport and took direction very well.


As you can see from the third picture of the above shots, DJ also played around a bit. I love this shot because it fits his rock-n-roll style and personality, but it is not one that we will be sharing with friends and family, well, maybe his friends.


The above shots of DJ and the below shot of the two of us together were taken at the back of the station at the loading dock. I love how vine climbs up the door of the dock. It provided great composition and color for the shots. 


The picture above does show us how we are with one another. We are one of those couples that smiles at one another, laughs, plays, fights but gets over it, and knows how to relax around one another. (No, we do not throw punches when we fight. Our fights are just arguments, which makes us a 'normal,' whatever that is, couple.) We had so much fun taking these shots.  


Once I captured the shots I wanted, we moved to one of my favorite places to shoot, under the Martin Luther King, Jr. bridge. I like to shoot here because it is out of the way, private, and full of character. The concrete base of the bridge is painted with brilliant graffiti. Across the road from the bridge is an unused section of railroad tracks that provides an excellent backdrop for photos. 


The day grew cold as the front pushed further into the area, and I twisted my ankle due to my attempt to walk on the rocks around the track with my high heel boots on. So, DJ and I decided to move our photography shoot home. Here, we set up a photography area in the house, and I practiced poses for shots. 


DJ and I finished our shoot with an intimate portrait of the two of us in my favorite antique chair. 


The experience was enjoyable and intimate. I feel that it is the times like these that we take with one another that keep us close and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment