We are all different, individual, and there is no such thing as normal.... what is normal for me may not be normal for you. ~ PammyMcB
"Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow is just a fantasy, and only in the present is where we live." - Snow Cake
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton
"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." - Temple Grandin
"Great spirit help me never to judge another until I have walked in his moccasins for two weeks." --Sioux Prayer
People who are rude are only trying to feel better about themselves.--pnb
If you are only as old as you feel, then today, I am 29!--pnb
Never turn your back on a friend. They may not be there anymore when you turn back around.--pnb
You can tell stories until you are blue in the face; but if you expect people to believe them, then you are liable to die of oxygen deprivation.--pnb
Any friend that is only there when they need something, and not there when you do, is no friend at all. I have been asked why I feel that family is the meaning of life. I was told once that in 100 years nobody is going to care about what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. I believe that if that is true, then family is the only answer. You will not be remembered for material things. You will only be remembered for how your life, words, and love touched and influenced others. Therefore, if I can instill the same values that I carry with me in my children, friends, and family; then a part of me will live forever. --pnb
I believe in love, honor, trust and respect.
I believe in hope, peace, honesty, and faith.
I do not believe in hatred, disgrace, doubt and mockery.
I do not believe in despair, conflict, cheating, and unbelief. -- Pammy
I know I have an inner bitch and I am so damn proud of her. As my key chain says, "I may be a bitch, but I am the pick of the litter!" -- Pammy
Who has time to be a 'LADY'? It is tough enough being a 'WOMAN'!!!!!--pnb
I would rather be blessed with a child with difficulties, than not be blessed with a child at all. --pnb
I will hold my head high. I was born fighting, and I will die fighting.--pnb
The less oblivious we are, the less content we become.--pnb
FACTS ABOUT ME
- I spend most of my time writing and writing and writing.
- I may be 5 ft 9 in tall, but I am the shortest person in my family. For a matter of fact, my dad used to pick on me in an unusual way. When we first moved into the last house that he lived in, he put extensions on all of the ceiling fan cords except for the one in my room. That way he could laugh at me when I had to jump to reach the cord on my ceiling fan.
- I can pick up things off of the floor with my toes. I know, I know, strange.
- I hate to wash dishes. Don't get me wrong, the dishes do get washed only because they have to be done. I am so glad the boys are old enough to do the dishes.
- No matter what I have gone through in my life, good bad, or worse, I would not change a thing. What I have gone through in my life has made me the strong independent woman that I am today.
- I may not have many close friends, but the friends I have, I keep. When I make a friend, it is for life.
- I think I am hyperactive. I often bounce off of the ceilings and walls. I get no sleep for days on end. I cannot stop doing physical work.
- I love cappuccino but hate just coffee.
- My nickname came from a character on the cartoon 'Shirt Tales'. I used to love the cartoon when I was a child. My mother had bought me a panda bear pendant that I wore all of the time. Hence the name Pammy. I think she was actually called Pandy, but Pammy was close enough. The nickname just fit and has fit my personality since. My friends and loved ones still, today, call me Pammy, unless you are a young friend or loved one. They generally call me Mammy, but eventually learn to say Pammy.
- I collect shot glasses from all of the states and special places that I have visited. I do have to replace some though. I had a lot more, because someone stole them. You know who you are; I have seen them in your house. It made me mad because I like to buy them from the state or place that they come from. I will have to take another trip to Florida, Louisiana, Kentucky, Panama, and Six Flags, Fiesta Texas to replace them. Oh well, that should be fun.
- I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world (and my recipe is very secret). They are never hard or never too soft. I believe the secret is in how you mix them. I never use a mixer or spoon I knead the cookie dough with my hands like I would with my bread or cinnamon rolls.
- I love music and love to sing (in the privacy of my home), but I cannot hold a tune. I am actually tone deaf, I think. Damien and DJ love it though. They say my singing can always make them smile (I guess because they are really laughing deep down inside, but I don't care). At least, I don't subject unsuspecting persons to my singing voice (like some of the people on American Idol).
- I still associate with many childhood friends, and still love them all just as much today as I did yesterday. Here's to Tonya, Deneice, Jennifer, Melissa, & Monica. If not for you, my life would not be as full. I love you all and miss you very much.
- I have to deal with a sleep disorder. I have about four or five nights in a row where I cannot sleep at all, and then, I will have four or five days that all I want to do is sleep.
- I love meatloaf, liver & onions, spinach, broccoli, and okra.
- I love Elephants! I don't know what it is about them, but I just think there is an unseen beauty to their presence here among us. I believe it has a lot to do with their being social creatures and their close connections to those in their family unit.
- I once flashed someone as a teenager. I was having a slumber party and we were playing double-dare. I was dared to wake up my dad, but I knew how cranky he gets when his sleep gets disturbed, so I took the double dare. I had to wait for the first car to pass and open up a jacket, with nothing underneath, it seemed harmless enough. It was one of my friend’s grandmothers, and my dad got woke up anyway.
- My TRUE birth sign is Cancer with Leo tendencies. I was born very close to the cusp.
- I can out belch most men that I know! Ok, so you expected it to be prim and proper? Not all women are!...lol... I do, however, only do this in the privacy of my own home. I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone! ...lol...
- I know the meaning of life has to be family.
- I love football!
- I can help rebuild the engine in your car.
- I can build you a computer from scratch.
- I have been writing computer programs since I was 13 years old.
- I love my husband more and more every day.
- My children are actually miracles!! ....I was told I would never get pregnant.
- I won a beauty pageant at 16 years old and was a model for several years... (you can't tell now).
- My grandmother has always been the most beautiful woman I know.
- Showering together saves water.
- A bigot is the lowest form of life on the planet.
- I have naturally curly brown hair and brown eyes.
- I make the best cream tacos in the world.
- The most beautiful sound in the world is the laughter of children.
- I have a Pekachu named Killer (Pekachu - 1/2 Pekingese & 1/2 Chihuahua).
- Miracles happen around us every day.
- I have an older sister and a little brother.
- My little brother is a Sheriff's deputy.
- I have traveled to Panama!
- There are only 13 states in the U.S. that I have not been to (most of them are on the NE coast).
- I love Chicago!
- I married a jerk at 17 years old. We have been divorced for a very long time now.
- I was in the top 10% of my graduating class in High School.
- I can play any type of clarinet you hand to me (reg., alto, bass, and contra-bass). I made regional band and was an alternate for state, and I was the drum major my senior year of high school.
- I went to the prom with a jerk.
- I have five tattoos and plan to get at least 3 more. Most people don't realize I have any. I got them all in places that you cannot see them unless I want you to.
- My navel is pierced.
- I loved school and still love to learn (I actually miss school).
- I love horror movies.
- I quit smoking.
- I have met many famous people: Mary Kay Place, David Keith, Reba McEntire, the members of Nepalm Death, Alan Jackson, The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, The Texas Tornado, and David Hassleoff.
- Jeannie C. Riley (Harper Valley PTA) is a relative of my mother's.
- Carmen was the first concert I ever attended.
- Ozzfest '97 at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin was the last concert I attended.
- I have attended these concerts in between the previous two: Motley Crue, Huey Lewis, Queensryche, Suicidal Tendencies, George Strait, Conway Twitty, Metallica, Megadeath, and Pantera.
- I do not care for country music.
- I love Tom Petty and Pink Floyd.
- I love the stars and cannot stand to live anywhere that I cannot see them.
- Although I drowned at age 7 at Possum Kingdom, I love the water.
- I think that Vin Diesel is sexy.
- I will travel to Europe some day.
- I would love to see Egypt.
- I have Cherokee and Creek blood coursing through my veins.
- My dad is Irish.
- My husband is 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Scottish.
- My sons' first names are Irish and middle names are Scottish.
- My boys have the same birthday 1 year and 2 hours apart.
- My boys have the same initials, purely accidental.
- My boys' names mean the same thing. First: The Tamer; Middle: Leader of Men.
- I am double jointed throughout my body and very limber.
- I love Dr. Pepper and miss it dearly.
- I never worry about things I cannot change.
- My first car was an '81 Ford Tempo.
- I was a member of Outstanding High School Students of America.
- I miss my friends in Indiana..... ALL OF YOU!
- Math was my best subject in school.
- I drive a Honda Accord.
- I have freckles on my face and other places.
- I miss my cousins in Tennessee. I wish you were here!!
- I was in the Army.
- I did more before age 21 than most people do their entire lives.
- I have had a poem and a couple of research papers published.
- I don't hate my ex-husband. I loathe him (he was very, very abusive).
- I love strategy games.
- My parents and I had to move in the middle of my senior year of High School.
- I graduated high school in 1990.
- I have moved 61 times in my entire life and remember all of the addresses.
- Since high school, 7 years is the longest that I have lived anywhere without moving.
- Gay people do not bother me. To each his/her own.
- I love to travel as long as it is by train or plane. I despise the bus.
- I battle depression. Not that I am not happy with where I am or who I am with. I love my life just the way it is. It is genetic, I think. I can cry at the drop of a hat for no reason at all, and I hate it.
- I am an expert marksman.
- I stole from K-Mart when I was a kid. I didn't get caught, but boy did I feel guilty. I have never stolen again. I learned my lesson.
- My biggest pet peeve is a person that, not only steals, but also steals from their friends and families.
- I suffer from road rage, only in the mornings.
- I love all holidays.
- My favorite drink is a margarita NOT A STRAWBERRY OR FROZEN ONE.
- I broke my arm when I was 7 and had a cast on my arm for my 8th birthday party (it was a swimming party).
- I am scared of heights.
- I love roller coasters. Confused???
- Spiders give me the willies.
- I enjoy frog hunting, and I always let them go.
- I love to fish.
- Museums are my favorite places in the world.
- I got to pet Shamu at Sea World.
- I love roses.
- I am deathly allergic to bees. I went into respiratory arrest when stung by one.
- My best friends are D.J., Damien, and Dylan.
- I love to dance and sing (Again, I am not a good singer) .
- My favorite songs are "The Rose" by Bette Midler and "Love You To Death" by Type O Negative.
- I have no regrets at all. Everything I have been through in my life, good or bad, has made me the person I am today.