Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bluebonnets in Buffalo Gap

DJ and I decided to go to the Buffalo Gap Cemetery to take a look at the wildflowers growing out there. I was able to get some great shots of the bluebonnets and a butterfly before the mosquitoes practically ate me alive. We had a lot of fun spending time together and talking. I feel that these little trips are bringing us closer together than we have ever been.


After DJ and I left the Gap, we were headed west to catch the sunset. We found an old country road where we pulled off to the side. I sat on the toolbox waiting for that moment when the sun touches the other. DJ and I talked, laughed, and held one another as we watched that wondrous sight. In the distance we could hear a pack of coyotes howl, and I felt that they were watching the sun lower too. The sound sent shivers up my spine, but I knew I was safe because I was in my love's arms.







Before we headed back toward home, I photographed some of the beautiful flowers off of the road. One thing I can always say about being here is that the wildflowers are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and they are very abundant.



DJ and I headed back to town, and on the way there, we stopped at Sonic to get something to drink. I snapped a photo of my love while we were there. The smaller shots in the photo are pictures that I took of DJ throughout the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment