Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lake Kirby

I don't know why I spend so much time at Lake Kirby. I often find myself wandering out this way. I think it must be because I have fond memories of how Dad and I would take the boys to fish at the lake. Damien seldom fished, but Dyl would fish his little heart out. The fishing here is treacherous and a person needs to be prepared to re-rig their rod often because of the rocks and limbs under the water's surface.

Although I have these memories, they may not be the only reason I find myself wandering around out here. I know I feel closer to nature when I am out here. I am surrounded by plant growth, I can feel the air brush across my skin, and I can hear the water lap against the shore. Whatever the reason, I know coming out to Lake Kirby helps me keep my sanity.



No comments:

Post a Comment