Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Willow Cemetery


The above statues are located in the Willow Cemetery in Haskell, Texas. Growing up in Haskell, these two statues are statues that I have gazed upon with wonderment and adoration. I know it sounds morbid, but I spent a lot of time in the cemetery as a child. From my home, the cemetery was a short walk. Sometimes, I would cut through the cemetery on my way through town to visit my grandmother and great-grandmother, who lived on the other side of the local railroad tracks. I would always stop and place my hands on the feet of the statue of Christ. To this day, I will swear to you that one foot and one hand are always hot, and the other other foot and hand is always cold. As a child, I thought it was a miracle, but as you can see from the picture, there is a very scientific reason for this. One hand and foot are almost always in the sun and the other hand and foot are almost always in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment